You can upgrade your MoodleCloud site at any time via the MoodleCloud portal. You only pay the pro-rata difference between your current plan and your new larger plan.
If you are upgrading from a Free Trial site, 'Upgrading' will sign you up to an annual subscription for a MoodleCloud hosting plan.
If you need more users or storage, you can suspend users and optimise storage to meet subscription plan quotas. You can also upgrade your existing paid MoodleCloud subscription plan for more active users or onsite storage. When upgrading, you will only be charged the pro rata difference between your current plan and your new plan, based on your renewal date.
Before you upgrade your plan:
- Log into your Portal,
- If necessary, update your account information in the "Account" section (top right corner).
- This information will appear on your invoice!
- It is also where you can add your VAT details (relevant to EU/UK).
- If you have multiple sites/subscriptions, select the relevant site/subscription (from the drop-down list next to "Get another site" in the Portal).
- If required, you can review plan options in the "Change plan" tab.
To upgrade your plan:
- To upgrade your free trial site to a paid plan, or to upgrade your current subscription to a larger plan, select "Upgrade plan" (as per screenshot below) in the "Package" tab.
- The "Upgrade your plan" window will load (as per screenshot below).
- Select the plan that best suits your needs (keep in mind it is easy to upgrade, but downgrading to a smaller plan is not possible via the portal).
- Add/update your payment method,
- If you are upgrading from a Free Trial site you will need to add your payment method (only Visa, Mastercard and PayPal are accepted); if you are upgrading from an existing subscription, your payment method will be visible.
- You can update your payment method at any time, and it will be saved for the automatic annual subscription renewals.
- Subscription fees are charged and invoiced in AUD only and local taxes may apply.
- When ready, select "Pay now" to subscribe/upgrade to your new MoodleCloud subscription.
- Your site and subscription will take a minute or so to upgrade, and your new user and storage quotas will then be available.
- If you are upgrading from a Free Trial, your previous BigBlueButton session recordings will expire and will no longer be available.
- You can find and download your MoodleCloud invoice under the "Billing" tab.
*Explore your subscription plan options on our MoodleCloud Standard Plan webpage.
If you have any questions or issues with the upgrade process, please contact the MoodleCloud Team.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article