You can upgrade your MoodleCloud site at any time via the MoodleCloud portal. Once you upgrade, moving to a smaller plan is not possible. Here’s how you can upgrade your plan:
To change your plan:
- Log in to your Portal and select the new plan.
- Your current Payment method is displayed. If you wish to pay with your current Payment Method click Pay now.
- If you want to change your Payment Method click Update payment method. Select Credit Card or PayPal.
- If Credit card is selected add your credit card details and click Next to complete your purchase. Click Pay Now to complete your upgrade.
- Or Log in to your PayPal account and follow the steps to complete your purchase, then click Pay Now to complete the upgrade.
- Your site will take a minute or so to upgrade.
- Your additional users and disk space quota will be available immediately.
We do not offer downgrades.
Once you move to a larger plan, moving to a smaller or older plan is not possible.
Calculating the amount payable
If you have a Starter Plan contract that started on 1st April 2022 you pay $150AUD (plus any taxes). Then upgrade your subscription to a Small Plan $500AUD (plus any taxes) from 1st June 2022. The example below excludes any taxes for simplicity sake.
- $150AUD /12 = $12.50 per month
- You will get credit for $137.50
- Because you only have to pay for 11 months of Small Plan (renewal date is 1 April 2023).
- $500AUD / 12 = $41.66
- $41.66 x 11 = $458.33
- $458.33 - $137.50 = $320.83 payable (until 1 April 2023 when $500 is due).
*If you are upgrading from one paid plan to another, you will receive a pro-rata credit on your account based on your renewal date, for the unused portion of your existing subscription.
*You will find all the inclusions of our new plans on the MoodleCloud website.