BigBlueButton will give you a choice of using either WebRTC or Java. Here are some thing to take into consideration:
- The choice of Java requires installation of Java runtime and you will need to download and run a java applet each time you start screen sharing in your conference, so we recommend WebRTC where available.
- Only the presenter needs to have Java installed (to share their desktop).
- Firefox and Chrome browsers support WebRTC enabled screen share.
- Screen sharing is currently not supported on mobile devices. To share a screen the presenter must use a desktop, laptop, or Chromebook.
- If the session is being recorded, screen sharing is included in the recording and will be viewable in the playback.
*If you are having issues with your BigBlueButton we suggest you contact Blindside Networks, who own the plugin, by visiting their community pages. You can also read more about our Plugin service here and check our Moodle Forum discussions on using BigBlueButton here.