To access courses in your MoodleCloud site, firstly you need to authenticate users, and then enrol them in courses.
Adding users to your MoodleCloud site is a two-step process (although it can be streamlined by the upload process).
- Everyone using your site must have their own account. This is known as authentication. There’s many options to create new accounts:
- Allowing people to create their own account using Email-based self-registration.
- Adding new users individually.
- Bulk creating accounts via CSV file.
- Choosing from a number of other authentication methods (such as OAuth).
*You don’t need to decide who will be a teacher, student or other type of participant yet. If you're wondering why, read the documentation on Assigning roles.
- Once users have an account, they need to be enrolled in courses. This is known as enrolment (this is the stage where we give them their student, teacher or other role). You can:
*You can create accounts and enrol users in courses at the same time if you wish by uploading users or you can explore Cohorts, site or category wide groups.
*For more information, see Managing accounts, Authentication and Enrolments.