MoodleCloud has a site-wide upload limit of 100MB, if your assignment submission is larger than this it cannot be uploaded to your site.
- To keep MoodleCloud stable we have set a site-wide upload limit of 100MB.
- When you first log in to your MoodleCloud site, while at the course level the default is set to allow file submissions of 100MB, the site-wide upload limit is set at 1MB (which negates the individual course level settings unless changed).
- To fix this you will need to navigate to:
- Site administration
- Activity modules
- Submission plugin
- Go to File submissions and change the Site-wide settings to 100MB.
If you expect users to submit an assignment submission (larger than the allowable maximum of 100MB), you can add an option in the Course Settings:
- Go to your course
- Click Turn editing on
- Click Add an activity or resource
- Click Assignment
- Add the assignment name, description and so on
- Scroll to Enable Online Text Submission
- Tick the Online text box (In submission types)
- This will allow them to provide the URL as their submission (or other text).
- They will save their assignment to an external file storage service (Dropbox, OneDrive and so on) and provide you with the URL.