We are phasing out the Moodle for School plans, however you have until December 2022 to switch to one of our new plans. Here are the important details.
When switching to a new plan your courses, files, grades and user data will remain the same.
When you upgrade your Moodle for School plan to one of our new plan, you can access the new quotas:
- Starter plan includes 250MB storage (was previously 200MB)
- Mini plan includes 500MB storage (was previously 200MB)
- Small plan includes 1GB storage (was previously 400MB)
- Medium plan includes 2.5GB storage (was previously 1GB).
- You can also upgrade to our new Large plan which allows for 1000 users & 5GB storage
- There's a new user count (in all plans) that will allow you to suspend users so they don’t count towards your quota, but you’ll still have their data, and will still be able to run reports on what they’ve previously completed.
The new plans no longer include the MoodleCloud, Classic and School themes. The Boost theme is now the only available theme and it comes set as default. You can learn more about available themes here:
If you have used custom CSS to style your site, any custom CSS that goes with the School, Classic or MoodleCloud theme also is removed.
Upon request, our Technical Team can retrieve this code for you. Please note that as the School, Classic and MoodleCloud themes are different to the Boost theme, there is no guarantee that the custom CSS used in the previously listed themes will work in the same way (or at all) when applied to the Boost theme.
You can read more about customising CSS here. Please note that it requires some technical skills, and is not something we provide support on at MoodleCloud.
The following plugins are not available in our new plans:
Your MoodleCloud site's URL will change (the URL structure will change from sitename.moodle.school to sitename.moodlecloud.com) and you will receive a free domain name redirection so existing students aren’t inconvenienced).