MoodleCloud allows you to choose a custom subdomain. Currently, we do not offer custom domains.
- You can choose your own subdomain when you sign up for MoodleCloud.
- If you decide after this to change your subdomain - we offer a name change service for subscribed MoodleCloud sites.
- To change your site name you need to submit a support ticket: dislike this article and you will see a form appear or contact us via your MoodleCloud Portal.
- To cover the cost and effort of the Technical team, to perform this service we request a donation to help support Moodle open source. Please visit the following link to make your donation: https://moodle.com/donations/
- You can only modify the first part of the URL - XXX.moodlecloud.com - the domain must stay the same (moodle.school or moodlecloud.com).
- If you are on a school plan you will have moodle.school in your URL and this cannot be changed unless you upgrade your plan.
- Please note we do not offer a redirection service. If you change your MoodleCloud site name your previous site name/URL will no longer work and will become available for someone else to use.
*It may require some site downtime (up to 30 minutes) and needs to be scheduled. We will ask you to provide the details of your current MoodleCloud site name, the proposed new site name, and a preferred workday you would like the change to occur.